Friday 16 September 2011

Le Premier Post


Bienvenue, Velkommen, Cead Mile Failte, WELCOME to my new website and blog. I've entered the second decade in the 21st century with nil internet presence until now so I am very excited to have this blog and my website up-and-running (thanks to Billy Lee for the website).
The last six months I have been in Melbourne, dabbling in their hair and make-up scene, learning a bit of hair styling from the wonderful Blondie Gamon. Armed with make-up brushes and curling tongs I painted the faces  and twizzled the hair of some very beautiful Aussie girls, but have returned to my second home of London to continue working here. Three days after arriving I hit the ground running to work my fifth London Fashion Week with the super-suave and genteel Sam Bryant . Such a pleasure to work with someone so chilled out and talented; if the world were filled with more people like her it  would be a very different place! Here are some links to the shows I assisted her on- John Rochas and Richard Nicoll.
First few pictures in my fashion section are from Richard's Resort ’11 collection, (see full collection here) Coincidentally I landed doing Sara Blomqvist again for Richards show, and as she charmed me with her stories of New York fashion week and tearing it up around her new hood of East London. I heard whispers that Julia Nobis was exclusive to Giles this year, so unfortunately I wouldn’t be seeing her striking face and rebellious attitude this round. Shame shame.
I’ll be posting new jobs on here as I go, revisiting some of my favourite ones over the years (there’s a fair bit to catch up on) as well as adding anything I find interesting, inspiring or just funny. Blog ahoy...

No comments:

Post a Comment